PADI Open Water Diver Scuba Certification
The PADI Open Water Diver scuba certification course is the most popular in the world, and your ticket to a lifetime of adventure. Once certified you will be able to confidently dive world-wide with your favorite buddy to a depth of 60 feet. Now, you can start the academic portion of your scuba certification online with Mid-Atlantic Scuba Center just outside of Philadelphia, Pa. and Trenton, N.J.
You’ll soon be able to discover a whole new world. You will meet new people and learn new skills while you become a safe and comfortable diver. Want to go deeper? Check out the Advanced Open Water Diver Program.
Scuba Certification Steps
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three sections:
- Knowledge Development to understand basic principles of scuba diving. Choose the best study method for you.
- eLearning (online with PC or laptop) includes Logbook and Dive Calculator,
- TouchTM (download program to your tablet or mobile device) includes Logbook & Dive Calculator, or
- TextBook, Video, Logbook & Dive Calculator
- Pool dives to learn basic scuba skills.
- Open Water Training Dives where you perform your newly acquired skills in an actual diving environment such as a lake.
To enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must be at least 10-years-old. A Medical Statement is required for all in-water activities. To complete the class, five academic modules, five pool modules and four open water training dives are required.
Scuba Course Fees
We offer three options for our entry level course and all versions include your choice of the three academic materials.
- Group – $395 group class & pool sessions
- Semi-Private – $495 group class & private pool sessions
- Private – $595 private class & pool sessions
Open Water Certification Dive Fees
Once you have completed your academic and pool training, you’ll need to complete four, open water certification dives. Again, you have options available to you.
- Complete your certification dives with us locally or on a MASC-sponsored group trip – $295 per person
- Complete your certification dives on referral at another PADI Dive Center. Fees vary and are charged by the other Dive Center
Full scuba equipment including a wetsuit is provided for your instruction. We ask that you plan on providing your own personal snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins with booties recommended). Your success in the course is directly related to the comfort, fit and quality of this equipment. MASC offers all students a 20% discount on all snorkeling gear purchased before and during your course.